As the matter of fact, we all know that Wi-Fi has been with us for a very long period of time. Each and every individual has started using the internet. This is because anyone can get to know about anything which they want. Some of us are still facing some problems while using the internet. Why is My Wi-Fi not working?
This is the most common doubt for those, who are new using the wireless connection to access the internet. Here come some of the possible causes and some solutions to resolve this problem.
Why is My Wi-Fi not working? Some Possible Causes and Solutions:
There are some of the common things present which you must check thoroughly before starting to find out the causes for your Wi-Fi not working. They are as follows.
- The first and foremost thing which you have to make sure if you wish to use the wireless connection is, you must make sure whether your laptop’s or PC’s hardware is properly installed. By checking out this, you will be able to get accessed with the wireless network which helps you widely to access the internet.
- This must be done in case if your laptop is old. Why because, in the newer versions of the laptop, it is inbuilt which could detect the Wi-Fi signals easily.
- Also, if you are using any external Wi-Fi adapters, make sure it is correctly connected to the computer. If not, you will not be able to get access from the wireless networks.
- Check whether you have connected to the Wi-Fi network which you would like to access or not. If not, you should manually connect with that particular Wi-Fi network to access the internet through using it.
- And same way while using a wireless adapter, make sure it is properly installed and perfectly connected. If not you can never access the wireless network.
- If the Wi-Fi network which you are going to use is password protected, make sure you have entered the correct password to unlock it and try after that.
- Also, another one commonly faced problem is that, entering the wrong network address. Make sure you have entered the correct network address. Also, you can simply reset your modem. By ensuring this you may proceed to access the internet.
- You can also reinstall the modem software. This will also help you easily.
- Sometimes, network manager will be the main cause for all kinds of wireless problems. The thing which you must do first after finding out the problem is with the network manager is, to check whether your laptop or your PC is up to date with the security updates. If not, you must upgrade your security without risking it any further.
- Another one major cause for these kinds of wireless problem is with the security. You must make sure you have installed it by following all the steps mentioned in it. If not, you are like taking a risk and handing over your wireless network to some hijackers.
These are the major causes and the solutions to solve such problems which come with the wireless connections.