Is your Wi-Fi not working properly? Don’t you know the reason for this problem? Want to fix the problem? Don’t get worried. This article is about “Why is my Wi-Fi not working? I hope this article will help you to fix your Wi-Fi problem.
Are you ready to know? Let’s go!!
Why is my Wi-Fi not working?
There are several number of reasons are there for the improper working of your Wi-Fi. Some of them are listed below for your consideration.
- Wi-Fi is not turned on:
This is due to your Wi-Fi is not turned on. Nowadays, laptops come with a Wi-Fi turn on/off button as a security feature. If your Wi-Fi is not working means, ensure that the Wi-Fi is turned on or not.
- Make sure that the wireless connection is enabled:
And, the second reason is due to the wireless connection. If your wireless connection to your computer or laptop is disabled, you cannot access the Wi-Fi either in your system or laptop.
How to verify the wireless connection is enabled or not? This might be the next question that comes to your mind? Am I right?
In order to verify the wireless connection is enabled or not, you have to follow certain things. They are as follows:
(Note: The below-mentioned steps for Windows 7 Operating system)
- Click the start menu and type “View Network connections” in the search box and then click “Enter”
- Then, the network connections window will appear.
- In the network connections window, check your wireless connection is listed or not.
- If your wireless connection is listed, right-click on the connection and then select “Enable”. In case, if you see “disable” option, the connection is already enabled. No need to enable your wireless connection.
Follow the above steps in a proper manner to enable your connection.
- Ensure that the SSID and the security key are correct:
It is due to the incorrect SSID and the security key of your wireless connection. So, please make sure that you are connecting to the right SSID from the available list of wireless networks and ensure that you have entered the right security key.
If you are connecting to the wrong router name or entering the wrong security key, your laptop will not be able to connect to the wireless network.
- Software problem in your computer or Wi-Fi:
Having trouble in connecting to the Wi-Fi? I think there is a problem with your computer software or Wi-Fi router. So, please restart your computer and Wi-Fi to connect your laptop or computer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Upgrade the router firmware:
If your Wi-Fi is not working means, this is due a firmware problem in your router. It is best to upgrade the firmware of your router to make a wireless connection.
These are all the reasons for the improper working of your Wi-Fi connection. I hope, at last, you’ve found the reasons for the improper working of your wireless connection.